Communications & Content Specialist
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for a Communications & Content Specialist to join the Communications team within the Client Relations & Marketing department.
The Communications & Content Specialist will work in collaboration with the Blakes lawyers, as well as the Firm’s Business Development, Digital Marketing, Creative Services and Marketing Technology teams.
This person, along with the other members of the Communications team, will be responsible for ensuring content meets Firm standards and reflects strategic objectives. These responsibilities include:
- Coordinating, editing, and finalizing external client communications (i.e., bulletins and other digital content), from inception to distribution
- Supporting thought leadership for the Firm by planning, researching, and developing written content for the Blakes website (including articles, whitepapers, infographics, Q&As, social media content, etc.), while ensuring brand alignment and supporting business development efforts
- Assisting with the development and execution of editorial strategies and content calendars
- Analyzing and presenting readership statistics on thought leadership content in collaboration with the Digital Marketing team and the Firm’s aggregators
- Managing relationships and subscriptions for the Firm’s various content aggregators
- Conducting market research on industry trends, competitor activity and new communications opportunities
- Overseeing republishing requests from a range of publications and liaising with authors for approvals
- Assisting in the development and production of new communications product offerings for distribution to clients
- Supporting the Public Relations sub-team and Market Recognition team, as needed
- Completing various writing assignments, as needed
- A university degree or college diploma in English, journalism, communications, marketing or related field
- A minimum of five years of working experience in communications or related field is required
- Experience in the legal industry is considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Comfortable communicating and building relationships with senior stakeholders and upper management
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Can work collaboratively both within the Client Relations & Marketing department and across other departments
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Kentico or experience with a CMS would be an asset
- Basic knowledge of HTML and/or Adobe Dreamweaver would be an asset
- Knowledge of Wrike or similar project management tool would be an asset
- Knowledge or interest in emerging technologies that can be used for communications would be an asset
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.