Project Manager (Practice Innovation Team)
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Project Manager to work in the emerging field of practice innovation in the Toronto office.
Reporting to the Senior Innovation Counsel, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing Firm projects related to legal technology and artificial intelligence implementations, internal process improvement, and novel client service delivery initiatives, while also getting the opportunity to work directly with key stakeholders within the Firm. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn about cutting-edge technology that is transforming legal client service delivery.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a system for reporting on the status updates of current and future projects in the group’s project management platform
- Drafting and working with key stakeholders to finalize project plans in line with project management standards
- Maintaining project documentation, including project charters, communication plans, budgets, and risk registers
- Managing process mapping initiatives and leading related discovery calls with key stakeholders
- Monitoring and reporting on the status of projects to key stakeholders relating to cost, timing and staffing
- Identifying and resolving obstacles to completing projects on time and budget
- Managing external vendor relationships, as required by the project
- Managing internal communications related to the group’s projects with key stakeholders across the Firm
- University degree in technology, business, information management, data analytics or related field of study
- Five years of experience in a professional services or law firm environment, managing complex projects from start to finish
- Working towards a PMP certification is an asset, but not required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio, with a passion for technology
- Strong proficiency using project management platforms such as Wrike, Airtable, or Trello to manage complex projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the proven ability to build relationships and work closely with business stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated self-starter, with strong influence and negotiation skills
- Ability to work both independently and closely with other team members to execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely well organized with superb attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we are all about our people. We are committed to not only providing exceptional client experiences, but also fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture for legal professionals and administrative professionals. As a winner of the Canada’s Best Diversity Employers award, as well as the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award, we know that diversity and inclusion are not simply initiatives on the perimeter of our business — they are the core of our success. We understand the importance of cultivating an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a Firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment comprised of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.