Receptionist/Boardroom Booking Assistant (10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, has an immediate opening for a Receptionist/Boardroom Booking Assistant to join the Boardroom Services team in the Toronto office. The required hours of work for this position are 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time (EST).
Reporting to the Manager of Catering and Boardroom Services, this position will be responsible for assisting visitors of the Firm by greeting, welcoming, and directing them to the appropriate boardrooms, notifying Firm personnel of visitors’ arrival, and maintaining security and the telecommunications system. The Receptionist/Boardroom Booking Assistant will also operate telephone switchboards and consoles to connect, hold and transfer telephone calls, and provide information to clients or refer them to appropriate contacts within the Firm.
Receptionist Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Switchboard Operator Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcoming visitors by greeting them, notifying lawyers and/or assistants of client arrivals, answering or referring inquiries, providing boardroom location instructions, and passing on client requests to the technical assistants, etc.
- Maintaining security by administering passcard procedures (i.e. issuing temporary passcards; retrieving forgotten, lost or damaged cards, etc.); recording visitors in the visitors log software and following Blakes security procedures
- Assisting with clerical/administrative duties where required by clients (i.e. photocopying, scanning, etc.)
- Answering internal and external phone calls, directing calls to the appropriate people and answering any inquiries or redirecting questions to the appropriate individuals
- Communicating issues relating to the Boardroom Services operations to the appropriate people
- Providing support to the Boardroom Services team by assisting with bookings, emails and/or phone calls and switchboard where needed and detailed below
- Maintaining external and internal communications and inquiries by answering internal and external phone calls, directing calls to the appropriate people, and answering any inquiries or redirecting questions to the appropriate individuals
- Accurately and efficiently handle all cold calls received by taking down information and passing it on to the appropriate department
- High school education is preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience in a receptionist and/or switchboard operator function is preferred
- Legal or professional services experience is considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanour and strong customer-service skills
- Ability to complete often competing tasks to ensure clients expectations are met and exceeded
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are
At Blakes, we care about our people. We are committed to providing exceptional experiences for not only our clients, but also our employees by fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture. As a winner of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers awards, we understand the importance of fostering an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities and in respect of other protected grounds during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.